What is your favorite watersport?

For watersport lover, discuss and share your experience in kayak, sailing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, surfing, windsurfing, ski jet.... etc
User avatar
Shine_Spirit
Pioneer
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:34 am

What is your favorite watersport?

Postby Shine_Spirit » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:05 pm

For me, it's really tricky having to choose just one water sport as my favorite.

The reason? I love action, adrenaline and water (this is a perfect match for me... if I could I would live in the water), so... Choosing just one sport would be very unfair, but surely I have my favorites (I just think it's unfair to name them :roll: ).
Soul Traveler. 8-)

User avatar
TheKnight
Wanderer
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby TheKnight » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:47 pm

My favorite water sport would have to be canoeing. It isn't too dangerous but it's fun and it isn't something you can do every day. We spend all our time walking on solid ground but spending a nice time canoeing with your family is great. And that's the thing, you can be together with your family while doing it. It's also very good exercise.

User avatar
naruto100
Pioneer
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby naruto100 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Thought I have never tried it but mine is surfing. I don't know how to do it either, but one day I will love to try it. Though I have tried parasailing once and I liked it too. Water sports are always on my like side.

kamai
Adventurer
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 am

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby kamai » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:47 am

TheKnight wrote:My favorite water sport would have to be canoeing. It isn't too dangerous but it's fun and it isn't something you can do every day. We spend all our time walking on solid ground but spending a nice time canoeing with your family is great. And that's the thing, you can be together with your family while doing it. It's also very good exercise.

I have never tried canoeing but I would one day love to try it. I am afraid to try other water sports but canoeing does sound like it can be relaxing, plus we can enjoy it doing it with our family like you mentioned.
How was your first time experience? What it hard to learn?

geeta06
Scouts
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:56 am

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby geeta06 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 am

Mine favourite is cave diving. It feels great to go underground water and observe the caves. You may also find out many scientific things there. Caves are always astonishing. Full of adventure I mean you never know you will return or not and after returning it feels like conquer the World.

kaacu
Site Admin
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby kaacu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:25 pm

geeta06 wrote:Mine favourite is cave diving. It feels great to go underground water and observe the caves. You may also find out many scientific things there. Caves are always astonishing. Full of adventure I mean you never know you will return or not and after returning it feels like conquer the World.


Hey mate, where did you do cave diving? I am a recreational diving too... have done wreck diving, deep diving but hardly find anywhere for a cave diving. Anywhere around Australia or New Zealand I could do?

User avatar
naruto100
Pioneer
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby naruto100 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:00 pm

geeta06 wrote:Mine favourite is cave diving. It feels great to go underground water and observe the caves. You may also find out many scientific things there. Caves are always astonishing. Full of adventure I mean you never know you will return or not and after returning it feels like conquer the World.


Cave Diving!? I am hearing about it first time. Though I have seen something like this on TV. But may be its not available here in our country or may be I don't know about it. It really sounds interesting. I would love to do it if I get the chance some day. I love under water diving, and watching cave with it sounds really interesting.

User avatar
TheKnight
Wanderer
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby TheKnight » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:05 am

kamai wrote:
TheKnight wrote:My favorite water sport would have to be canoeing. It isn't too dangerous but it's fun and it isn't something you can do every day. We spend all our time walking on solid ground but spending a nice time canoeing with your family is great. And that's the thing, you can be together with your family while doing it. It's also very good exercise.

I have never tried canoeing but I would one day love to try it. I am afraid to try other water sports but canoeing does sound like it can be relaxing, plus we can enjoy it doing it with our family like you mentioned.
How was your first time experience? What it hard to learn?

It isn't so hard to learn. I've seen children do it by themselves but with their family members rowing nearby and yes, the children were on the canoe by themselves. I think you would only need a few minutes of instruction to learn the basics. You must also learn what to do if the canoe flips which would be using your weight to flip it back upright if it's one of those solo ones.

kamai
Adventurer
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 am

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby kamai » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:29 am

TheKnight wrote:
kamai wrote:
TheKnight wrote:My favorite water sport would have to be canoeing. It isn't too dangerous but it's fun and it isn't something you can do every day. We spend all our time walking on solid ground but spending a nice time canoeing with your family is great. And that's the thing, you can be together with your family while doing it. It's also very good exercise.

I have never tried canoeing but I would one day love to try it. I am afraid to try other water sports but canoeing does sound like it can be relaxing, plus we can enjoy it doing it with our family like you mentioned.
How was your first time experience? What it hard to learn?

It isn't so hard to learn. I've seen children do it by themselves but with their family members rowing nearby and yes, the children were on the canoe by themselves. I think you would only need a few minutes of instruction to learn the basics. You must also learn what to do if the canoe flips which would be using your weight to flip it back upright if it's one of those solo ones.

Thank you for the advise I guess if children can do it so can I. I was actually wondering of what could be done if the canoe flipped and you answered it since that's what I was most afraid about. I have heard of peoples canoes flipping and them not able to flip it back up but I guess it's all in the technique.

User avatar
TheKnight
Wanderer
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: What is your favorite watersport?

Postby TheKnight » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:41 am

kamai wrote:
TheKnight wrote:
kamai wrote:I have never tried canoeing but I would one day love to try it. I am afraid to try other water sports but canoeing does sound like it can be relaxing, plus we can enjoy it doing it with our family like you mentioned.
How was your first time experience? What it hard to learn?

It isn't so hard to learn. I've seen children do it by themselves but with their family members rowing nearby and yes, the children were on the canoe by themselves. I think you would only need a few minutes of instruction to learn the basics. You must also learn what to do if the canoe flips which would be using your weight to flip it back upright if it's one of those solo ones.

Thank you for the advise I guess if children can do it so can I. I was actually wondering of what could be done if the canoe flipped and you answered it since that's what I was most afraid about. I have heard of peoples canoes flipping and them not able to flip it back up but I guess it's all in the technique.

Flipping it back up would require quite a good amount of core strength. Of course, most children won't be able to do this and that's why it's best for them to canoe in calmer waters so if they flip, a family member could quickly help them back up. Either that or they could slide out and wait for assistance as long as they have a life jacket which they always should. Well, that's all the tips I have for now.


Return to “Watersport”