Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Ideas and suggestions for the road trips
User avatar
naruto100
Pioneer
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby naruto100 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Recently we went for trip for the hill station. When we were coming back we found that few people have parked the car on those hilly road for the sight seeing. Well, normally hilly area roads are not that broad. So we should found the better place to park car if we want to have fun around. But these guys didn't care about it.

For me we should be careful on such roads. As other people might face the problem and it can cause accident too. What you say?

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Yes...this is a very common scene in hilly areas. People park their cars so abruptly and out of the way. The only reason is to get down , enjoy the scenery and click pictures. The inclines and curves of hilly roads are so dangerous and cars parked in middle increases the risk factor manifolds.

holmes22
Scouts
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:28 am

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby holmes22 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:37 am

This is something that I constant worry about and can usually only bring myself to do it if I feel that I have a good sense of the neighborhood and what is going on there, which is not always the case of course.

User avatar
naruto100
Pioneer
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby naruto100 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:37 pm

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:Yes...this is a very common scene in hilly areas. People park their cars so abruptly and out of the way. The only reason is to get down , enjoy the scenery and click pictures. The inclines and curves of hilly roads are so dangerous and cars parked in middle increases the risk factor manifolds.


Yes it is too dangerous. If there is special space for parking then it is okay but parking on the road can create problem for many. Driving on hilly area is not that easy, and these kind of things can make it worse. So at least they think about others and do parking properly.

kamai
Adventurer
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 am

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby kamai » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:04 am

If the road is too narrow then I would consider parking on the road side dangerous and that shouldn't be allowed. I have seen this happening when I used to go to the snowy mountains but the road was actually wide and there were sometimes a car space but I think those spaces are for the ones with car trouble. We always waited to find a parking spot instaed and walk to the area to take photos.

User avatar
naruto100
Pioneer
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby naruto100 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:49 pm

kamai wrote:If the road is too narrow then I would consider parking on the road side dangerous and that shouldn't be allowed. I have seen this happening when I used to go to the snowy mountains but the road was actually wide and there were sometimes a car space but I think those spaces are for the ones with car trouble. We always waited to find a parking spot instaed and walk to the area to take photos.

Well, if roads are wide enough then it is okay. And you are right those wide roads for the one who are having some car trouble. But still it is okay to park there. But I have seen few times people don't care about it and park on narrow roads too. It is quite frustrating when other people have to face difficulty because of this.

harijobs
Wanderer
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 am

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby harijobs » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:29 pm

I agree with you. People should not park cars like that because most of the roads in the hilly regions will not be that much broad and will cause some trouble for other people. We should first find a safe place to drive the car and then we can enjoy the sightseeing. :)

User avatar
naruto100
Pioneer
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby naruto100 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:58 pm

harijobs wrote:I agree with you. People should not park cars like that because most of the roads in the hilly regions will not be that much broad and will cause some trouble for other people. We should first find a safe place to drive the car and then we can enjoy the sightseeing. :)

Exactly. But every time I go to such route I found 3 to 4 cars parked oddly which can trouble other people. Yes they should find the proper place for parking so that they don't effect others. Specially at such route they should take care of this thing even more carefully.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 pm

naruto100 wrote:
DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:Yes...this is a very common scene in hilly areas. People park their cars so abruptly and out of the way. The only reason is to get down , enjoy the scenery and click pictures. The inclines and curves of hilly roads are so dangerous and cars parked in middle increases the risk factor manifolds.


Yes it is too dangerous. If there is special space for parking then it is okay but parking on the road can create problem for many. Driving on hilly area is not that easy, and these kind of things can make it worse. So at least they think about others and do parking properly.


But the sad part is that most people fail to realize the inconvenient they cause to others . All they are concerned about is personal fun and enjoyment. No matter where you go such people are a very common species.

Decentlady
Adventurer
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Re: Parking car on side of road for sight seeing

Postby Decentlady » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 pm

I agree with most of you here. People have lost the sense of respect for others and if you tell them to move they feel as if you are at fault.

It is extremely dangerous to park car on hilly areas or those with valleys or cliffs. You never know on such narrow and hairpin turns who shall knock you.


Return to “Road Trip”