What is your favorite movie involving some watersport?

For watersport lover, discuss and share your experience in kayak, sailing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, surfing, windsurfing, ski jet.... etc
Shine_Spirit
Pioneer

What is your favorite movie involving some watersport?

Postby Shine_Spirit » Tue May 09, 2017 2:17 pm

It doesn't have to be a movie focused on the sport, but a movie where the sport has an important participation to the story.

I recently watched "The Shallows" (directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and with Blake Lively in the main role surfing at a beautiful beach). It's about a young woman who is going to surf (by the way, the surf scenes are amazing and beautiful :shock: ) on a special beach for her, but she ends up "stuck" alone on the high seas having to fight against a ferocious shark.

It's a pretty good movie! ;)
Soul Traveler. 8-)

Gad
Scouts

Re: What is your favorite movie involving some watersport?

Postby Gad » Wed May 10, 2017 8:06 am

Pirates of the Caribbean.This is a sea themed movie and my all time favourite.It may have a few 3D simulated scenes but generally I love how the ships navigate.It is almost like a competition,with Jack Sparrow,the main actor always finding a way to win.Its enjoyable to watch and I cannot help but wait for the 2017 movie dubbed "Deadmen Tell No Tales."

to7update
Adventurer

Postby to7update » Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Haha, gotta love when you say Pirates of the Caribbean @Gad, what's the sport there? :D

My favorite water sport movie is actually an old one, Point Break with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze, pure action and thrill, impossible not to like it. :)
I love most outdoor activities!

Shine_Spirit
Pioneer

Postby Shine_Spirit » Sat May 13, 2017 7:28 am

I would never have thought of "Pirates of the Caribbean" as an answer to my question. I mean it's sounds quite unusual / funny (in a good way :lol: ), but I understood your point of view @Gad (and agree with it).

Certainly the use of 3D increases this perception. :D
Soul Traveler. 8-)

holmes22
Wanderer

Postby holmes22 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:59 am

Is it wrong if I put Deliverance on the list? It is a great movie, although a bit more depressing and eerie than most of the other ones. I do love canoeing though and for the first part that is a good part of it. I would put it on there.

Shine_Spirit
Pioneer

Postby Shine_Spirit » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:50 am

holmes22 wrote:Is it wrong if I put Deliverance on the list? It is a great movie, although a bit more depressing and eerie than most of the other ones. I do love canoeing though and for the first part that is a good part of it. I would put it on there.

I don't think it's such a common choice for this category, but I don't think it's a wrong choice either. ;) By the way, "Deliverance" is a very good and interesting movie. It has a few moments of monotony where the script and the direction are lost themselvez a little bit, but nothing that undermines the final result. 8-)
Soul Traveler. 8-)

FolkArtist
Newbies

Postby FolkArtist » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 am

I would have to say there are many out there involving watersports that I like-and a older movie with Spencer Tracy in it was "The Old Man and the Sea"(Ernest Hemingway)and of course everybody has heard of this story about a old cuban fisherman going through a dry spell with his fishing-but then he hooks a giant fish that drags him out to sea. What do you guys think about this one?

Return to “Watersport”